B E Z I T O P O
- Horizontal and vertical curves are native. This includes vertical curves up to the third degree and horizontal circular and spiral arcs. A vertical curve can be bent in a cylinder over a horizontal curve.
- All measurements (except bearings/azimuths and deltas) are stored in coherent SI units regardless of the display units. To switch units, just flip a switch. (This will not affect the contour interval of already drawn contours.)
- Surfaces are made of curved triangles. Contours cannot spuriously cross as a result of smoothing.
- A job can contain multiple sets of points. One can be all points shot in the field, one can be the points used in topo, and one can be state plane coordinates from GPS or points drawn from a plat.
- The convertgeoid program reads geoid files, optionally excerpts a part given a center and radius, and outputs them in boldatni format (Bezitopo's native format) or formats used by other programs.
NC PLS L-5129